National Hearing Test
Do you feel like you don’t hear as well as you used to? Would you like to know if you have hearing loss before having a complete hearing evaluation?
The National Hearing Test may be able to help.
The National Hearing Test is a screening that uses a touch tone telephone to identify a hearing loss. It is designed so that individuals can conveniently screen their hearing from the comfort of their own home. The test is simple and can be completed by following these simple steps:
1. Go to www.NationalHearingTest.org and click on the AARP member’s link or the non-AARP member’s link.
2. Enter a valid email address and some other generic information about yourself and click submit to go to the payment page.
3. Pay $5 and receive your Access Code.
4. Call 1-866-223-7575 and enter your Access Code.
5. Take the 10 minute test and get your results.
The test requires that you listen to a sequence of three numbers among background noise. It’s quick and painless and only takes about five minutes per ear to complete.
After completing the test, you will be given a result of either “normal,” “slightly below normal,” or “substantially below normal” for each ear. Remember, this is just a screening, but it can help to identify if you have a hearing problem.
Once you’ve received your results, contact the Arizona Hearing Center by phone at 602.814.0452, or by email at email@example.com to schedule a comprehensive hearing examination; we’ll explain your hearing loss in detail, and your treatment options.